Oneok, Inc Manager - Network Services in Tulsa, Oklahoma
#WeAreONEOK – Fortune 500 company. 100+ years in business. Leading midstream service provider. Safety first. Sustainable operations. Environmentally responsible. Employee focused.
We are on the hunt for a diverse group of talented, high-caliber employees to join our team. ONEOK is recognized as an employer of choice in the natural gas and natural gas liquids industry and offers competitive pay; professional development; excellent benefits; a strong commitment to safety; community engagement; and a caring, inclusive work culture.
Job Profile Summary
Oversee technical and personnel matters with a focus on information technology. This includes technology, processes and personnel associated with network management and the delivery of technology solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Oversee key technologies utilized to ensure efficient, reliable and secure delivery of remote data communications. This includes LAN/WAN hardware and software solutions, satellite, cellular, and radio technologies.
• Coordinate and consult with IT partners and business groups to ensure technology solutions are developed for strategic alignment.
• Maintain tactical and strategic relationships with key hardware and software vendors. This includes assisting in the negotiation of contracts and maintenance agreements related to IT infrastructure.
• Develop high-level technical designs, products and/or standards in support of the strategy and operations for remote telecommunications.
• Communicate relevant information to field resources, project committees, development teams, vendors, and other key stakeholders as it relates to technical infrastructure and operations.
• Lead and participate in projects and/or continuous improvement efforts to deliver measurable business value.
• Develop and review information including but not limited to:
Technology-based policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
Annual budgets, forecasts, and long-term plans for both O&M and capital.
Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
Business case studies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience plus the following job related experience:
• Experience in LAN/WAN telecommunications, satellite, cellular, and radio networks.
• Experience implementing wireless technology, remote communication technology, network monitoring and telemetry, and diverse communications techniques.
• Experience with FCC and FAA compliance and reporting programs including lighted structures.
• Experience preparing internal and external correspondence, status reports, business cases, technical configurations, and network standards and procedures.
• Experience managing a small to medium team, including recruiting, retaining and developing employees.
• Experience developing information, conducting meetings, and making presentations.
Licenses and Certifications
- None required
Strength Factor Rating - Physical Demands/Requirements
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Strength Factor Description - Physical Demands/Requirements
Standing: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about (Occasionally)
Walking: Moving about on foot (Frequently)
Sitting: Remaining in a seated position (Constantly)
Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) (Occasionally)
Carrying: Transporting an object, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder (Occasionally)
Pushing: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from the force (Occasionally)
Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves toward the force (includes jerking) (Occasionally)
Climbing: Ladders, Stairs (Occasionally)
Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling (Occasionally)
Stooping: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist (Occasionally)
Kneeling: Bending the legs at the knees to come to rest on the knee or knees (Occasionally)
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending the legs and spine (Occasionally)
Crawling: Moving about on the hands and arms in any direction (Occasionally)
Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction (Constantly)
Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hand or hands (Manual Dexterity) (Constantly)
Fingering: Picking, pinching or otherwise working with the fingers primarily (Finger Dexterity) (Constantly)
Feeling: Perceiving such attributes of objects/materials as size, shape, temperature, texture, movement or pulsation by receptors in the skin, particularly those of the finger tips (Constantly)
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas/information by means of the spoken word (Frequently)
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sound by the ear (Frequently)
Near Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (Constantly)
Far Vision: Clarity of vision at 20 feet for more (Frequently)
Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are (Frequently)
Vision: Color - The ability to identify and distinguish colors (Constantly)
- Employee is subject to inside environmental conditions
Well lighted, climate controlled areas (Constantly)
Frequent repetitive motion (Constantly)
CRT (Computer Monitor(s)) (Constantly)
- Travel in and around office facilities required
- Based on assigned tasks, employee may be assigned a company vehicle requiring the applicable driver's license
ONEOK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, gender identity, disability, military/veteran status, genetic information or any other categories protected by applicable law.
The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of ONEOK.
ONEOK is committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request an accommodation email HRSolutions@ONEOK.com or call 1-855-663-6547.
ONEOK is a leading midstream service provider and owns one of the nation’s premier natural gas liquids systems, connecting NGL supply in the Mid-Continent, Permian and Rocky Mountain regions with key market centers and an extensive network of natural gas gathering, processing, storage and transportation assets.